Monday, May 16, 2016

THE TODD GLASS SITUATION by Todd Glass with Jonathan Grotenstein

'A Bunch of LIES About My Personal Life And a Bunch of TRUE STORIES About My 30-Year Career in STAND-UP COMEDY'

Finished Sa 5/14/16 (The day I activated my first smartphone, GALAXY PRIME CORE (Tracfone))

I first heard of this comic on the GETTING DOUG WITH HIGH video podcast. When he gets stoned, he 'gets a bit chatty', but always hilarious. In reading about his life I found that he came out on Marc Maron's, WTF. He was 47 years old. I listened to the entire podcast on Youtube and knew I had to read his book. After finishing the book, I glad that I read it.

He's very insightful about everything in his life and his overall outlook is very level headed.

Suffers from OCD, ADD, and dyslexia. He was not able to finish high school, but started in the comedy business at sixteen (Philadelphia).

He opened from many music performers early in his career, and never acted as if this was a bad gig. Patti LaBelle gave him one of his first big breaks. I thought that most comics HATE opening for bands because the audience it there to hear the music, not to listen to comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment