Monday, May 23, 2016

IN THE CUT by Susanna Moore

Refinished  Su 5/22/16 Three days after the hernia repair surgery and Morrissey's birthday.

This is one of my paperbacks and I first finished it on Sa 1/20/01. According to my note on the flyleaf, this day was George W. Bush's inaugural.

Darkly erotic and very well written.

The female protagonist is a college English teacher, Frannie Thorstin, and student on the nature of language. There are several Slang Lists that I've bookmarked in the front of the book.

I got taken and fell for the misdirection. The killer is not Malloy, the detective on the case, but his partner, Rodriguez.

In the end of the book the female professor dies, but I'm pretty sure that in the movie version, she is saved. Maybe I'll rewatch on Netflix.

On amazon-

http://www.amazon.com/Cut-Vintage-Contemporaries-Susanna-Moore/dp/0307387194

No comments:

Post a Comment