Monday, February 14, 2022

STAR CHILD by Fred Mustard Stewart

 This is one of my ancient paperbacks that I first finished "At work at the Quick and EZ on 11th and Stanton, We 11/18/92'. I wonder what I was doing at that area of town during work?

This time I completed the book on Su 2/13/22.

It was a trashy novel from the 70's and I really enjoyed it.

An academic couple in the northeast of America are experiencing troubling dreams. 'Star Child' and 'Raymond' are trying to contact them. Are they demons, angels, or extraterrestrial entities? No they are just a guy from the future.

By the mid 2000's the earth is crippled by pollution, so this man from the future is trying to give 'the present' the secret to 'cold fusion'. This will provide humans with a safe and cheap source of power that will save the planet. 

Lots of cruel murders and sexual situations. 

From a reader at 'GoodReads':

"So what is wrong with it? Characters are laughably shallow, with personalities changing to fit the plot. Explanation: mind control device. There is the over-use of the word "psychosexual". It flip-flops between sci-fi and actual horror with some graphic sex thrown in. Thankfully it's fairly short and moves at a brisk pace. Otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around until the conclusion."

I agree with the criticism, but maybe they should lighten up a bit. I thought it was a fun, enjoyable read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment