Saturday, February 19, 2022

JEFF BECK- 'Crazy Fingers' by Annette Carson

 Finished Fr 2/18/22

I bought this on Amazon and received it on Sa 2/12/22.

Just about everything you need to know about Jeff Beck and his hardware and technique. Not much about his personal life, but I guess he really is a private man.

Since now I have Amazon Unlimited I was able to hear all of his music. In the book they mention the three disc set, 'BECKOLOGY' and this is available on Unlimited. 

The book (and the recordings) make it clear that although most remember The Yardbirds as a connection to Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page, but that was really Beck's band. His guitar is predominate on all of their hits. 

His first guitars were handmade by Beck and he constantly tinkers with guitars that he purchased throughout his life. I think this shows that he was a natural born mechanic and his love of hot rods is no surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment