Sunday, October 18, 2015

STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND by Robert A. Heinlein

Finished Sa 10/17/15
This was one of my paperbacks, and according to the flyleaf, I bought it Mo 2/29/88, but I know that I must have read this novel at least one time (probably more) before that.

This is the kind of book that can be read several times over the years, and it never grows old and new ideas can be found. Without a doubt, a true Sci Fi Classic.

Link to wikipedia-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_a_Strange_Land

This time, I didn't find the inclusion of the 'arch-angel' sections so clumsy. Now it made more sense and added to the theme of 'after-life' and some type of 'divine' involvement.

Although I felt it was a pretty long novel, Heinlein's original manuscript was quite much longer. I'd like to find this unedited edition and see what it's like.

No comments:

Post a Comment