Thursday, October 22, 2015

Karilyne's Korner: An Allert Village Novel (Allert Village Novels Book 1) by Kristy Woods

Finished Th 10/22/15

I got this for 99 cents to read on the Kindle app.

This is the October selection for the Contemporary Book Club. The author will be at the meeting when we discuss the book.

A very sweet Romance novel and I read it in a couple of sittings.

Kind of like a John Denver song. You definitely are 'moved', but in  a slightly corny and manipulated fashion. I felt that I had to suspend all ties to the real world, and just 'give in to the spell' of the novel. But, this prevented me from identifying with the characters because they are clearly not based on anything in the real world. This could be seen as the novel's strength, and also, as the novel's primary weakness.

All in all, an enjoyable read, but a bit too sentimental and soppy for my taste.

I'm looking forward to meeting the author because in the prologue to the novel she mentions that she began her love of reading at the Lincoln Library West Branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment