Saturday, June 6, 2015

TROPICAL FREEZE by James W. Hall

Finished Sa 6/6/15

This is another of my books that I never got around to reading, but according to the flyleaf it was bought at west branch for a buck on Sa 6/15/07.

Thorn is building a house in the Florida Keys, and his FBI buddy, Gaeton, is murdered by a nitwit named Ozzie. Ozzie kills the agent because he thinks he's the boyfriend of Darcy, the local TV weather personality. But, he wasn't the boyfriend, but the brother. A stupid waste of a life.

Benn, a Nouveau-Rich criminal who is kind of working undercover is offering international criminals new identities (for a hundred grand), and then killing them on his property. The latter part is not sanctioned by his agency.

The novel is a kind of grizzly black comedy. Not bad, and I'd read another by Hall. I wonder if he might revisit some of these characters, I'd like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment