Sunday, January 11, 2015

CRIME AND PUNISHMENT by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

This was the January selection for the Classical Book Club. I only read the first hundred pages, a few sections in the middle, and the ending and epilogue. I also devoted a couple of hours reading about the novel at various sites, but I didn't like the book AT ALL.

Tomorrow is the meeting( Mo 1/18/15) and I'll probably cancel. The weather is supposed to be bad; an inch or so of 'wintry mix', and the only reason that I would attend is to ask group members if they liked it and "Why?". I am slightly curious as to what sections that caught their interest because I certainly didn't detect any. All in all I think I've given this dog far too much of my time already, and enough is enough.

Also, Dr. Ellison's office is supposed to call tomorrow with the results of my lab work, and I'd like to be here to take the call. I might have to visit the drugstore for prescriptions, or I might have to go back in to see the doctor.

And, the question of the dental insurance cancellation for 2015 needs attention.

TOO MANY BOOKS, TOO LITTLE TIME

No comments:

Post a Comment