Saturday, November 22, 2014

DEMON BOX by Ken Kesey

Mid November 2014

I picked this up at the library when I found the they didn't carry, SOMETIMES A GREAT NOTION. This book is just a random series of essays and short stories, and I realy only read/skimmed two of them.

The first is about a young man in Mexico who meets 'an ugly American'. The older man is driving a big motor- home and has a drunk for a wife. The man is referred to as the 'Tranny Man' because he is in the Mexican village trying to have the transmission replaced in his truck.

Kesey's character is named Devlin Deboree. I noticed that this name is used in at least one other essay.

Also I read/skimmed the short essay about Kesey's trip to Egypt and the pyramids.

None of these pieces were bad, but really not worth the effort.

I'll return this one to the library on Monday, 11/24/14. Basically I spent about two hours with this at FitClub and before sleep. His second novel about logging in Oregon I'll order from the library when the Classic Book Club is off for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment