Monday, March 19, 2012

THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexander Dumas

Finished Su 3/18/12

This was the March selection for my Classics Book Club. I read about a third of the book, skimmed most of the rest of it. Today, Monday, 3/19/12, I spent about an hour on 'Spark Notes' which is an excellent website that provided a basic outline for each and every chapter in the book. And, they also have study questions, and other information to help you understand the novel.

The novel was only OK, and I wish that I had gotten to see the movie. I ordered it from Netflix yesterday, and I should be getting it later in the week. The movie is a little different from the book, but much of it was the same.

And, I remember reading PRISONER OF BIRTH by Jeffery Archer, and it is basically the very same plot. I think that I might like that one just a shade more than Dumas's version, just that it is more contemporary tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment