Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A SONG OF STONE by Iain Banks

Finished Tu 11/22/11

Abel-minor nobleman-the unreliable narrator

Morgan-his woman

Female lieutenant-sadistic

Aruthur-the faithful servant who Abel doesn't know his last name

Abel is the narrator, slightly unreliable, arrogant, and fairly untrustworthy. However, he wasn't interesting enough for me to pay close attention to his story.
Banks has delivered a well written novel, yet I was never enthralled, and I lost interest before the denouement, and skimmed to the end. The plot and the setting were more intriguing than the clever deceptions which Abel was spouting.
Although, I still like Bank's writing(THE WASP FACTORY is a minor classic), I would not recommend this novel. Next, I will give his Science Fiction a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment