Saturday, October 8, 2011

Did Not Make The Cut

This is a section of the blog to record the books that, for whatever reason, I did not spend enough time with them to consider them 'read'.

A PERFECT SPY by John le Carre Late September 2011 This is a long novel which is based on Carre's own life. His father was a bit of a hustler, and this story features Magnus Pym, a retired British agent, is partly an unadorned recollection of Magnus' childhood and memories of his father Rick Pym. Just too long, and I wanted to move on.

IT'S ALL GREEK TO ME From Homer To The Hippocratic Oath, How Ancient Greece Has Shaped Our World by Charlotte Higgins Sa 10/8/11 I have been waiting for this book for several months-it must be very popular, but I only spent a couple of hours on it. It's not bad, but I think I could spent a couple of hours on the internet, and get more of a feel for the subject. Two sessions on the stationary bike, and an hour on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment