Sunday, January 22, 2023

DETOUR by Cheryl Crane (daughter of Lana Turner)

 Refinished Fr 1/20/23

This is one of my ancient hardbacks that I purchased at the main branch for $1.00 on Sa 5/13/95 and I finished it on Fr 5/19/95.

This was far better than I expected and I really enjoyed the book.

Cheryl Crane had six step fathers and four step mothers before she was 19 years old. 

It struck me how much of how we feel about Motherhood, Family, and Siblings were crafted by watching our 'heroes' on the silver screen. Yet when you peel back the propaganda, these people were deeply flawed individuals.  

Good Friday, 1958 Cheryl stabbed and killed her mother's boyfriend, Johnny Stompanato, a bodyguard and personal assistant to Mickey Cohen (Los Angeles mobster).

Studio executive said: "Take away her sweater and what have you got"?

This was kind of a 'beach or airport' read, but I really liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment