Friday, March 26, 2021

THE KING OF TORTS by John Grisham

 Finished Th 3/25/21

This is one of my paperbacks that I bought at the last library book sale before the pandemic. I got the book on Sa 1/11/20 and this was the first time that I had read the book.

An easy and enjoyable read and I finished it in two days.

Clay Carter is working for The Office of the Public Defender with a low salary and he hopes to put in his time and then get into a private law firm.

He gets a case about a young man who is shot twice in the head. After digging into the facts he learns that a drug manufacturer had developed a drug that ended addiction. The problem was that 8% of the people who take the drug are prone to violent and deadly behavior. A shadowy character outlines a plan for a class action law suit. 

Millions of dollars begin to come his way. He starts his own law firm and goes after Big Pharma. 

He becomes 'The King of Tort'.  But, in the end he loses everything.

A link to a review at the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2003/feb/22/crime.johngrisham

I enjoy anything by John Grisham and one of the better 'beach-read' authors.




No comments:

Post a Comment