Saturday, January 2, 2016

L.A. REQUIEM by Robert Crais

Refinished Mo 12/28/15

This was one of my paperbacks and I first read and finished it on Th 10/24/08. That was the day after seven hours of overtime on a forty pole run to Mt. Vernon with Gerry Maher.

The day I finished it in 2015 is the day that the basement on 940 Westview got flooded. We had a three day heavy rainstorm and about one third of the new addition was wet. Water seeped up from the basement floor seam under the steel beam along the ceiling. Also, water came in along the streetside wall behind the couch. There was standing water in the area, and I probably collected eight full buckets of water. By Tuesday morning the seeping had ended, but after running the fans for several days, I wasn't able to use the room until the following Saturday morning.

I read over half of the book on Mo 12/28. I would place rags along the areas that were leaking, and then read for about thirty minutes, and then go around and squeeze out the rags and empty the bucket. I did this from around 530am until about 9pm.


Loved the novel, but didn't remember much of it. I couldn't even recall that the killer actually worked for the police and was the mail-guy at police headquarters.

A series of random killings over many years is actually done by one man. His father was a child molester and was killed by police. The killer was the predator's son, and he feels that he is righting a wrong.

Joe Pike and Elvis Cole Detective Services

Link to amazon-

http://www.amazon.com/L-A-Requiem-Elvis-Cole/dp/0345434471

Author on wikipedia-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Crais

No comments:

Post a Comment