Wednesday, February 27, 2013

GAME CHANGE- OBAMA AND THE CLINTONS, MCCAIN AND PALIN, AND THE RACE OF THE LIFETIME

Finished We 2/27/13

    A book about American politics that moves like an Action/Adventure Thriller, and makes the presidential election of 2008 seem like blockbuster entertainment. Even I can remember back to the Democratic primary of that year, and Barack Obama wasn't a 'long shot', but much more of a 'no shot'. And, this delightful book delineates just exactly how Hilary Clinton lost her bid for the party's nomination, or how Obama took it from her (depending on your point of view). The book is not a partisan diatribe 'for' or 'against' any political point of view, but delivers a very nuanced examination of the people involved, and at the end of the book I felt that I had a much better understanding of the candidates and their election teams.
    GAME CHANGE is compelling and informative, and although many of the conclusions are probably based on opinions that don't allow for fact-checking, it is a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining read. I highly recommend it!


My notes-
   This is a movie by HBO that Lannie told me about when I was in Phoenix, Feb. 2013. We were talking about Netflix and she was under the impression that they did not carry HBO films, and I showed her that this was not the case. The movie is only about The McCain/Palin Election Race, but it was an excellent film, and I saw it before I got the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment