Sunday, December 4, 2011

A SCANNER DARKLY by Philip K. Dick

Finished Su 12/4/11

I reserved this novel shortly after finishing THE NIGHT OF THE GUN. Both books are examples of the finest of the Addiction Genre.

I watched the Richard Linklater-2006-film of, 'A SCANNER DARKLY';Sa 12/3/11. This is an example of a film that is even better than a fine novel. And, I went back and tried to read through most of the relevant parts, however, the film was the best, and the Bonus Features were outstanding.

This is PK Dick's most personal work, but I like the 'hard-to-handle- fun house shenanigans' of his cracked SciFi novels.

Jim Barris (Robert Downey Jr.)
Ernie Luckman (Woody Harrelson)
Charles Freck (Rory Cochrane)
Donna Hawthorne (Winona Ryder)
Bob Arctor (Keanu Reeves)

I only spent several hours on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment