Friday, April 15, 2011

THE 7TH VICTIM by Alan Jacobson

Finished Fr 4/15/11

THE 7TH VICTIM examines some of my favorite components of Detective Fiction. The novel dealt with concepts and applications developed by the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, and it featured a Profile Team which demonstrates how some of these theories could apply to a particular UNSUB. And, the book was a real 'page-turner', however, the entire story was just too far fetched to be believable. I think this paragraph from the end of the novel just about sums it up:

"Let's see, I find out I have a twin sister who's a serial killer, my mother's really my aunt, my biological mother is brutally murdered, and my worst fears about my biological father are confirmed. I'd say it's been a kick-ass week."

No comments:

Post a Comment