Finished We 9/16/26
This is one of my 'discarded' books that I bought at the library book sale in January of 2003. I don't think that I had read it before. This was one of the books that I was reading during Janny's final sickness.
It's about a group of corrupt individuals who conspire to steal a train full of coffee beans from the Ugandan tyrant, Idi Amin. It reminded me a little bit of Westlake's 'DROWNED HOPES'.
From AI Mode:
"The word kahawa means "coffee" in Swahili. Set in 1977, the story follows an unlikely alliance of international financiers, American mercenaries, and ousted Asian businessmen who conspire to hijack a Ugandan train carrying $6 million worth of coffee. Their goal is to steal the cargo out from under the nose of the brutal dictator Idi Amin, who needs the hard currency to keep his regime afloat."
"A Dense, Masterful Balance: Reviewers note that the book functions like an exquisite balancing act. It seamlessly blends a highly intricate, fast-moving heist plot with a deeply researched, rich background of Uganda and Kenya."
No comments:
Post a Comment