Refinished Th 7/23/26
This is a trade paperback that I bought when I visited Hot Springs, Arkansas in July of 2004. I finished the book on Sa 7/3/04, but I still remembered most of the details and I had not looked at the book in 22 years.
Two sisters are raped and thrown off the Chain of Rocks Bridge, St. Louis, MO. The two sisters were accompanied by their cousin, Tom and they were at the bridge to see a poem that one of the girls had painted. They meet four young men who were friendly at first, and then things change.
The police immediately believe that Tom did the deed. They tell him that nobody could sustain life after a ninety foot fall. They lied to him and said it was a 90 foot drop when acctually it was only about 40 feet.
Lie detector tests are between 40% and 90% accurate.
This one really stuck with me. A senseless crime and the most shocking aspect is how the police mishandled the case from the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment